Ad Aware keeps finding things

Halmer 12:44 21 Feb 03

everytime I rgo on the net so what's the point in having it??

Isn't there anyway that I can use it to stop the things landing on my PC in the first place if they are so undesirable?

Djohn 12:48 21 Feb 03

It's doing it's job correctly, each time I log off Ad-Aware has found at least 4 and sometimes 15 cookies, one click of the button and away they go.

Ad-Aware, as a program does not know which ones you wish to allow or discard, that is why it gives you the option. J.

xtreme_computing 12:49 21 Feb 03

what sort of things is adaware picking up,

i also use spyblaster, that actualy stops things from being installed on your computer that contains spyware,adaware will just remove it.

but adaware is always worth having

Djohn 12:55 21 Feb 03

Must admit, nothing sinister, just adverts such as double click and fast click etc.

xtreme_computing 13:00 21 Feb 03

but thats right! there the sort of things adaware picks up on this machine.nothing to worry about,if its picking up actual software/dialers then there somthing to worry about, and maybe a change of of surfing habits is in order

Halmer 14:15 21 Feb 03

I'm very conservative with my surfing, mostly on PCA to be honest and the BBC.

When I had done the last SpyBot update AdAware actually picked up two items from that!

My answer to your question would probably be the same as Djohn's.

newface 14:16 21 Feb 03

Perhaps the best thing to do is to try and stop these being put on your machine. I installed Zone Alert which I picked up free from somewhere. I havent had any problems since.

jazzypop 15:32 21 Feb 03

Spywareblaster will prevent all kinds of unwelcome visitors from being installed without your knowledge - see click here

Are you sure that AdAware is not just identifying cookies? This site, like many others, places cookies in your cache to track your browsing habits.

Filch 15:36 21 Feb 03

Halmer, to stop cookies - if you are using Internet Explorer, click Tools, Internet Options, Security, Restricted Sites, Sites. Type in *.doubleclick.com; *.doubleclick.net; *.fastclick.net; and anything else you wish to keep from putting cookies on your machine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…