Ad-Aware Doesnt Find Doubleclick anymore

keith-236785 10:58 22 Jun 03

Just noticed in my Temporary internet files, hundreds of doubleclick entries, i know they are from the advertising on this site as is Vibrantmedia files, thats not the problem.

the problem is that Ad-Aware isnt finding these entries anymore (it used to before i went to XP).

is this an incompatibility issue with Ad-Aware & XP or is it just doubleclick have found a way round Ad-Aware

I am running XP Pro & Ad-Aware version5, i know there is a newer version of Ad-Aware but that didnt find them either and i like version 5 better (i am willing to go to 6 if anyone thinks it will help)

Am i missing something? (an upgrade,patch, anything).

SEASHANTY 11:11 22 Jun 03

This website uses vibrantmedia, doubleclick.net and adtech.de (which is the German one). You can see these flashing up on the bottom of the webpage as you change from one discussion subject to another. My browser is set to allow session cookies only. I also delete all non wanted cookies at closedown of browser. Remember you can always delete manually if you want to.

graham√ 11:38 22 Jun 03

I can recommend Cookie Wall from click here

It keeps the good ones for logging on, etc., 'kills' all others, under your control of course. Set it to alert when a cookie is received.

Pc.2 14:32 22 Jun 03

do you have any other software running ie: Spybot - Norton SystemWorks - Spyware.....you know the type I mean....I know that Spybot S&D interferes with ad-aware.

Stuartli 14:41 22 Jun 03

I have both AdAware 6 and SpyBot S and D 1.2 on my system and neither interferes with each other - what is significant is that one can flush out something that the other misses on occasions.

Unlike SEASHANTY I don't enable Sessions Cookies Only but do delete temporary files, which is undertaken the next time you reboot.

I also use Proxomitron (which can be found on the second page of the Download link above's second page and easier than looking for the website), which halts advertising and popups in their tracks.

To enable use of forms etc to fill in credit card details etc on websites use Proxomitron's Bypass facility temporarily.

keith-236785 15:29 22 Jun 03

thnx for the replys, i am ok with my cookie settings and the cleaning out of cookies i dont want. the main point was why is ad-aware not detecting doubleclick anymore, it used to.

no real problem, it just makes me wonder why i bother with ad-aware as the last few times i have run it it has only picked up on Fastclick.

anybody else got any ideas before i bin ad-aware and tick this as resolved.

S Walch 15:32 22 Jun 03

Nope.

Apart from instead of ad-ware you could always use spy bot

click here

Does the exact same job as Ad-ware - and also does sometings better :)

jazzypop 15:36 22 Jun 03

Maybe you have added doubleclick cookies to your ignore list?

keith-236785 16:38 22 Jun 03

thanks everyone, still no wiser but i will just carry on deleting them manually (spybot S&D didnt find them either

(click here;abr=!ie;sz=468x60;ord=2003.06.23.00.27.02)

above is a typical entry under the address tab

category1;sz=120*60;ord=44728916?

the above is the title

the number changes on every entry

adaware and Spybot S&D do not find any of these entries....

i think i will just forget it.

Filch 14:34 23 Jun 03

Try this -

In IE click on Tools, Internet Options, Security, Restricted sites, Sites. Enter

*.doubleclick.com; *.ad.doubleclick.net; *.doubleclick.net; click here; (without the ; of course). Click ok.

Now the doubleclick entries won't be in Temporary Internet Files. They will be in the index, which they are anyway, but Spider will take care of that.

Filch 14:40 23 Jun 03

On the blue click here, just put your pointer on it and enter what shows up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac