Ad-aware can't delete file

graham 11:51 06 Apr 03

Ad-aware has found a file ending in 'iadhide3.dll' but can't delete it from quarrentine. I bravely went in to the registry and saved a copy, then found and deleted it, plus another one 'jadhide3.dll. Re-started comp and Ad-aware still found the first one, though it's not in the registry now. Is it safe to just leave it in quarrantine?

recap 12:46 06 Apr 03

click here it may help?

graham 13:20 06 Apr 03

Thanks, I'll go off-line and delete Backweb.exe if it's there, or re-name it.

graham 14:14 06 Apr 03

Have sent all the BackWeb folders to the Recycle bin and now Ad-aware does not find the file in question. Only thing is when comp re-starts I get error message 'can't find backweb.dll'! Should I restore BackWeb and live with the file in quarrentine?

ThisNameIsMine 14:26 06 Apr 03

Just go Start > Run > Type "MSCONFIG" >Goto the "Start Up" Tab > Uncheck BackWeb.exe or anything with a similar name.

ThisNameIsMine 14:27 06 Apr 03

Obviously changing other stuff in the other tabs can seriously damage your PC.

graham 15:07 06 Apr 03

Nothing in there with BackWeb in the title. Unchecked BBC Ticker, though, as it was starting to annoy me! Now I get two error messages! Done a system restore and living with the file in quarranteen.

graham 15:08 06 Apr 03

? 'quarrentine'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…