ad-aware 6

tornado3 17:58 09 Jul 04

i downloaded lavasoft ad-aware 6 personal. i have 3 other users on my pc. ive run it and deleted the adware it said. does it find everything on my pc or just when i use it?when i go on to the other 3 users i cant find it.

Dorsai 18:08 09 Jul 04

From My experiance, Ad-ware only cleans up the person who runs it. So if you have two other user accounts, they need to run it also.

If you installed it using it's default location it should be c:\program files\lavasoft\ad-aware 6>ad-aware.exe to find it, then just, signed on as another user right click on the desk-tp, select new>short cut and browse to this location to create a new shortcut for the other users to run.

hope this helps

tornado3 18:37 09 Jul 04

it helped alot. did wot you said and found another 27 adwares on the other users on my pc. thank you.

Gaz 25 18:40 09 Jul 04

Ah - the answer is....

While logged in as you - run it..

Then after browse to:

C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6
right click on Ad-aware.exe

Run As > The following user...

Enter their username and password, click ok.

And do this for each user.

Gaz 25 18:41 09 Jul 04

PS. Saves logging into each one sperately.

TommyRed 19:16 09 Jul 04

What I do is have any cleaning programs, ad-aware, spybot etc in a file on my desktop I then drag them into the 'all users' file, right click start button select 'explore' scroll down tree to 'all users'. This location is available to all other user accounts through the same method. HTH TR

tornado3 19:44 09 Jul 04

thanks every one.

Dorsai 19:54 09 Jul 04

Ha...that how to do it for all...Nice one Gas 25 and TommRed..Cheers.

Boluwd 11:26 10 Jul 04

thanks ...sent to "my p..."

GroupFC 21:18 10 Jul 04

^

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…