Ad Aware 2007 - Crashes my PC

Seth Haniel 13:54 23 Jun 07

Have reverted back to SE - as I have suffered the first and second crash of my XP SE. Each time using the New AdAware 2007 -
So will now await all its bugs being ironed out before looking at it again

Totally froze PC -even CtrAltDel didnt work - and in the years iv'e had XP no other progam has manage to do that

Dr. Charles(retired now) 14:08 23 Jun 07

Thanks for the feedback on that, it sounds as if this is a poor edition.
Best,
Charles :)

jja244 16:27 23 Jun 07

Doesn't work on mine either. Every time I open it there is an error and it won't update. Very poor compared to the prvious edition.

SB23 17:12 23 Jun 07

You're not alone.

I've just gone back to the older version I had backed up. I was also having trouble updating, and the amount of error codes I was getting was getting out of hand.

postie24 20:57 23 Jun 07

Same here for me :((
Back to the older version.

baldtaco 10:30 24 Jun 07

I've done away with it completely now. I suspected it was a bloated waste of space when I installed it, and how right I was. To get any returns from it at all you have to put up with a conspicuously useless lump with much of the function hobbled.

Worse, I was so displeased by the amount of uselessness I actually thought I'd made an error in the install options. Upon taking it off Avast flagged up part of the registration as a trojan. Putting it back on again once again activated Avast for a similar reason. Alarmed by this I got someone else to go through the same, and indeed they did. Clearly that isn't a trojan, but it certainly was another nail in the coffin.

Given that the old version hadn't found anything more than the terrible threat from my recently used documents in over a year I've had to re-think. It's been hard to let go of this one because it has been part of the holy trinity I've used for a long time, but I can cling to it no longer now. Better solutions exist. Dismissed.

sunny staines 12:21 24 Jun 07

i suspect another new build will be out soon looking at the feedback

rawprawn 14:23 24 Jun 07

I too gave up on it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…