Ad-Aware 2007

David4637 14:30 06 Feb 08

Can I down load the update files (Defintion files)separately and then install them in the Prog Files folder, without using Ad-aware program itself to down load them. Reason being I am on dial up and it takes to long - I use a friends PC to down load the definitions?
Thanks David

Technotiger 14:34 06 Feb 08

In this link click on Support and then on Support Forums - probably best place to get your answer click here

David4637 20:28 06 Feb 08

could some please advise, I did not find the help link very easy to manage. Thanks David

David4637 13:45 07 Feb 08

Help can I download the def files rather than using the program itself. Thanks David

johndrew 16:32 07 Feb 08

If you go to click here and click on the red update file number below Ad-Aware 2007 you will be redirected to the download site for the definition file which is a compressed folder; as it was for Ad-Aware SE.

Is this what you wanted?

David4637 13:09 08 Feb 08

Thanks for your reply, but what I wanted to know is can I install the def file in Ad-aware 2007 manually, that is without actually using the AD-aware 2007 program to down load the def file? Thanks David

Sea Urchin 15:19 08 Feb 08

On one of my PCs (being Win98SE) I'm still using Ad-Aware SE, and am able to manually update it very successfully each week. I don't see why you couldn't do the same with Ad-Aware 2007. I download and unzip the defs file to the desktop, and then using explore navigate to C: Expand C: and then expand Program files - find Lavasoft and expand that. Click on Ad-Aware 2007 and drag the unzipped file into the left window. It will ask if you want to replace the existing defs file and you say yes.

johndrew 16:35 08 Feb 08

I`m not certain. I downloaded the definitions update file called core.aawdef but could not find any semblance of it in the program folder - presumably the program downloads it somehow unlike SE where the definitions are simply loaded to the folder.

You may find some answers click here if you either join, look at the FAQs or the Forums.

Sea Urchin 16:43 08 Feb 08

Thanks johndrew - as I said in my posting I have not used this in 2007 so I would suggest that David goes with your suggestions in light of your experience

Sea Urchin 20:47 08 Feb 08

Although, having said that, this is taken from the Lavasoft website:

"You can also manually download and update the definitions file.
· Download from click here
· Extract the file (core.aawdef) directly to the Ad-Aware 2007 folder (C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007)
· Close and restart Ad-Aware"

On the same site it also gives the location of the core.aawdef file, as follows

"core.aawdef" located in (C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007).

David4637 16:01 09 Feb 08

Thank you for your replies - I now know you can download the def file manually and install it in the folder concerned. David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced