ad-aware

aceguy 12:08 28 Jan 05

hi all-i use ad-aware build 1.05 which i update regular the prob is that when i scan my pc it stops after around 1737 files scanned. i use windows xp home also use avg , spybot and so on. any idea`s.

ACOLYTE 12:10 28 Jan 05

What scan do you perform the smart system scan? it can seem to lock up but it does keep going you just have to give it time.

aceguy 12:13 28 Jan 05

i use custom scan and have not had any probs in the past - think i will do a system restore to see if that sorts the prob

mpez 12:17 28 Jan 05

Hi aceguy

I have had the same problem, would not even close off, i had to use the task manager, even that was a pain, in the end i just start in safe mode by tapping F8 on start up and scan in that and it works fine. Hope this is of use.

regards
mpez

aceguy 12:21 28 Jan 05

yeh al try that but its bugging why it just started doing it in the past few days. never changed nowt on pc.

aceguy 15:31 28 Jan 05

i ended up doing a system restore - back a few days and now ad-aware works perfect!! cheers all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…