Ad Aware

ann-199314 19:07 11 Jun 04

I wonder if somebody can please help me. I have AdAware and have just done a system scan. It found 72 objects (and a red spider.) I don't know if this is good or bad, but I think BAD. Can somebody please tell me the procedure to get rid of these OBJECTS. Thanks in anticipation.

oseven 19:12 11 Jun 04

click "next" then tick all the little boxes and move them to quaratine.
You can either leave them there or delete them.

bof:) 19:17 11 Jun 04

the little red spider is to tell you that adaware has finished the scan and found something I think.

rawprawn 19:17 11 Jun 04

I suggest you delete them, if Ad-aware found them I have always found it safe to delete them. One more thing if there are so many, I would also turn off system restore before deleting because if there are any of the blighters hiding in there they will come back unless you turn it off.

SANTOS7 19:24 11 Jun 04

click here Use this with adaware this will actually stop spyware getting on to your PC as adaware does not to delete them all which is safe to do so right click on the top one and you will get the option to select all objects rather than select individually,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…