Ad-aware

There have been so many updates recently for Ad-aware, that it seems to run slower than even a couple of weeks ago. Would it speed up if I uninstalled it and then reinstalled from the Lavasoft website?

Diodorus Siculus 15:59 19 Apr 04

I doubt it but worth a try I suppose and I'd be happy to hear the result.

computernerdiamnot 16:03 19 Apr 04

i have not noticed a great difference apart from when in deep scan on drive c it slows down a little but not really anything i really noticed, maybe because of extra files or software added. unstalling and downloading again is no probs unless you have noticed a great slow down then do so.

I uninstalled Ad-aware and then reinstalled and run it.The funniest is that it picked up 9 objects and I had only run Ad-aware just before uninstalling and nothing came up. Both times it was a deep scan performed.I dont know if it was just me or what, but it did seem to run faster. Weird!!!

Diodorus Siculus 17:32 19 Apr 04

Interesting result - I may do the same and see what happens...

obbit 17:39 19 Apr 04

i had a few updates that didn't follow on from the one previous e.g. O1R245 to O1R248 or similar.
so maybe reinstalling downloaded the full reference files.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…