//some 3rd party need geo

Actve Sync and external devices

ami 14:01 07 Sep 05

I've recently tried to install an external TV tuner and am now trying to install an external broadband modem. In each case I'm getting identical errors. First a message comes up saying ' a TCP/IP address could not be found'; this is folloed by 'Explorer has caused an error in unknown, Explorer will now close'. After this comes 'Rpcss has cuased an error in unknown Rpcss will now close' after which the computer crashes.
I'm pretty sure these problems are something to do with ActiveSync, which I need to syncronise my handheld but I can find no way to resolve the problem as the only way to recover from the crash is to do a system restore to remove the device drivers, after which ActivSync caomes back and all is OK, anyone any ideas---pleeeeeeese?

Yoda Knight 14:32 07 Sep 05

Uninstall activesync, install your devices, then re-install activsync might do the trick

ami 14:39 07 Sep 05

Yoda Knight

Thanks for that advice, had wondered if that might work, will give it a try and report back

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…