ActiveX problem

Seeker 123 04:57 14 Aug 07

Im new to computers and I need help with Active X A scan says I ahve 22 problems with ActiveX
Can I delete it and redownload If so HOW?????

brundle 07:59 14 Aug 07

What is the name of the program/scanner/site (don't link directly to the site here) which is telling you that you have errors?

Seeker 123 14:23 14 Aug 07

Hi brundle thx for your reply
I ran Registry Patrol and XP Medic Both came out with similar results

brundle 14:44 14 Aug 07

If you have a specific problem with an ActiveX control there are other ways to tackle them before you pay for a registry cleaner. There are some good free products available for registry cleaning;

CCleaner (use Issues button); click here
RegScrubXP; click here
Eusing Reg Cleaner ; click here

Seeker 123 14:53 14 Aug 07

Ty again brundle I have CCCleaner and Registry
Mechanic and ran both of them I even ran ewido which is a similar product But that Reg Patrol still said I had the problem. What the problem started with was Have played in a game site for a while and talked to my m8 on yahoo chat But now if I open yahoo chat and the gamesitye my computer freezes I am running XP pro 450Mhz 448RAM and have heaps of disc space available

brundle 21:42 14 Aug 07

Get this click here
and remove the BHOs that relate to Yahoo and your gaming site. You will need to allow them to install again after a reboot (and upon the visiting the sites in question). The tool is out of date, but still works.

Seeker 123 02:42 15 Aug 07

Hi again Can I ask a silly question ? How do I know which BHO ( whatever they are ) to delete and which ones to reinstall???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5