ActiveX problem

My PC keeps putting up an error message when I try to access a program via it's desktop Icon.
The message reads - Office Ready OCR Runtime error 429 Active X component can't create object.
The program has been reinstalled to try and overcome the error as has WinXP but still the error will not go away and the Office Pro program will not run.
Any ideas on how to fix my system, to deal with the error & get Office Ready running again.
Hideaway

Giggle n' Bits 21:42 01 Apr 04

It was happening when viewing Web pages with certain padlock security and I found it to be a password or Internet explorer to be damaged.

Don't know if this gives you any clues. Does your Internet explorer seem ok/functional.

Kinloss, thanks for your suggestions but I have re installed everything I can reinstall but none of those options work. I am even running on DirectX Ver9 and that doesn't help either. Still looking :
Hideaway

bretsky 16:22 02 Apr 04

This may help click here

bretsky ;0)

Old Shep 16:23 02 Apr 04

OCR usually stands for Optical Character Recognition. This link may also help.click here

SANTOS7 16:24 02 Apr 04

Runtime error 429: ActiveX component can't create object

Solution

The file Cdo32.dll did exist on the client machine, but was not registered. To register the Cdo32.dll:

1. Click the Start button and then click Run
2. On the command line type: regsvr32 c:\windows\system\cdo32.dll
3. Click OK

Refer to Knowledge Base article c2000049 for information on runtime files required for the Cdo32.dll
found this on another forum hope its what your looking for good luck [email protected]

bretsky, Old Shep & SANTOS7
Thank you for your assistance people, there is plenty to get on with in order to see if the PC will return to normal.
Problem on hold for the moment, I will re post if a fix isn't forthcomin.
Hideaway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017