ActiveX Control problem

Tycho 10:16 04 Jun 05

Windows XP SP1

I have just finished getting rid of some very persisitent viruses (about: blank et al) on a colleagues computer adn much help I needed too!

The present problem is that whenever I have a look at the help and support pages all seems to be going well until I click on the related topics links and then the following error message appears: "An ActiveX control on this page might be unsafe to intract with other parts of this page. Do you want to allow this interaction?"

I am feeling vry twitchy about malware at the moment. Should I allow the interaction? Has yet another item of malware appeared?

T

VoG II 10:23 04 Jun 05

Open Internet Explorer, Tools, Internet options, Advanced tab, scroll down to Security, tick
the box to allow Active Content to run in files on My Computer.

That should stop the message.

Tycho 16:58 06 Jun 05

Thanks, VoG. I never found the Item to tick but I have had to give the computer back (in exchange for a bottle of single malt in thanks for removing the zillions of viruses, trojan horses and adware!) so I can't look further.

Tycho 17:09 06 Jun 05

Forgot to add :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…