ActiveX

Thomo1 12:12 03 Jan 05

Just after a short precise explanation if somebody please may take a moment to respond.

I have searched the archive for this topic but again nothing is clear.

What are/is ActiveX and what does it do/not do.
I recieve an message saying i need to downloan ActiveX controls to play certain games online and also to use some of the free online virus scanners.

But ive read that activeX is a cause for possible viruses??

Thanks in advance.

Thomo1 12:13 03 Jan 05

sorry forgot to say, please nothing too technical.

thanks

Graham ® 12:27 03 Jan 05

Download from click here

JIM 12:30 03 Jan 05

A set of technologies that allows software components to interact with one another in a networked environment, regardless of the language in which the components were created.

Thomo1 "if" running Winxp go to start help&support type in ActiveX and you will have plenty of items and info to digest.(some straight forward)

When you receive a message saying i need to downloand ActiveX controls for certain games and online scanning normaly we would accept them.Fair enough if your not sure,check out the programs first and use common sense if the program will help you. Set/create a systems restore point,thats why its'there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…