joseph K 13:14 08 Oct 04

I have another string going because I am unable to reach yet everything else is ok.

However I have now attempted to clean out my tracking cookies using zone alarm pro. This sent me to the Zone Alarm site where it told me I was unable to do this as I didn't have ActiveX. Yet I know I have.
If you can possibly help, my other string is called 'Housebound and unable to get to my most important site'. There are many more details of my problems there.

Thanks in anticiption.

joseph K 13:15 08 Oct 04

That is - anticipation!

canard 19:34 08 Oct 04

Is your ActiveX of recent vintage- current is 9. If your PC not very recent you would be OK with ActiveX 8.

Nellie2 20:26 08 Oct 04

Are you getting ActiveX confused with directX?

An ActiveX is a downloaded program file or DPF that certain websites need to run properly. You can get bad ones too though and some security settings will stop an activex from downloading and running automatically. Normally when you visit a website that needs an activeX it will just download... if your security settings are set to prompt you then as long as you are happy that the site you are visiting is ok.. eg Tesco, then you can say yes to it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…