Actives controls & plug-ins

Tony The Bike 11:55 08 Jan 05

A dialogue box keeps up in internet explorer saying ActiveX controls & plug-ins cannot run active yes or no? I have click on the two of them and it-still comes up how can I stop it? Please. (Thank you all)

JIM 12:27 08 Jan 05

dont give to much info on spec of WinOS etc.See if the link can help you check your settings against what is shown on your system.

How to surf the Internet more safely with Internet Explorer (Windows XP Service Pack 2 version)

"ActiveX controls & plug-ins cannot run active yes or no?"

You require certain X/Plugins for to run programs.EG win updates,online scanning,assorted Macromedia Flash.Try and see if the are signed or at least say where they come from and check that out first before allowing if required.

click here

Tony The Bike 12:32 08 Jan 05

I have Win XP Jim.

JIM 12:50 08 Jan 05

Open up IE browser go to tools open up Popup blocker settings have a look at the FAQ by clicking the tab in blue(my system) when open besides plenty of answers/questions/checks look at the,

What you should know about running scripts and ActiveX controls in Internet Explorer etc.

Is the dialogue box normal type text window(long narrow etc.)or the balloon type?

Jim

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…