Active X Controls

Rhuddlan 23:32 01 Feb 05

When visitng certain websites, I get a sound and a message at the top of the window saying something like your current security settings don't allow you to view certain active x controls, click here for help and the help files don't help, any ideas?. I haven't changed any settings in ie.

Rhuddlan 00:02 02 Feb 05

?

ACOLYTE 00:22 02 Feb 05

It just stops them installing its set like that by default.

Rhuddlan 00:26 02 Feb 05

it's only been like this for a few days now though, how can i view the web pages then?

ACOLYTE 00:31 02 Feb 05

If you wont to view the web pages you need to install the Active X right click the box that pops up in IE and select install,but only do it if you trust the source and the site you are on.

Rhuddlan 00:33 02 Feb 05

It doesn't give me that option, only to view the information bar

ACOLYTE 00:43 02 Feb 05

You might need to go in to IE options by Tools/Internet options at the top of the browser,
then into security highlight internet click the custom level tab at the bottom,and scroll down to Active X i think the one you wont is "Download Unsigned Active X contols" set it to prompt.Click ok and ok again then see if you get the option to install it when you go back to the page.

Rhuddlan 00:53 02 Feb 05

Did all that, still the info bar is the only option i have

Rhuddlan 23:48 07 Feb 05

Have now reinstalled xp, thanks for the help everyone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…