Active X

blazingbadger 11:21 23 Dec 09

Can any body help me I have been having trouble getting templates from Microsoft. It now appears I do not have Active X I went to Windows Features On or Off and there was no dialog box for it. Can any body tell me if I have to download it.

Sea Urchin 11:49 23 Dec 09

Templates and Active X Control -

click here

blazingbadger 12:51 23 Dec 09

The instructions. however it says if the control is not shown click the arrow at the top of Manage Add Ons Dialog box. There is no arrow to click on. I am using windows Vista home Premium with service pack 2

Sea Urchin 13:07 23 Dec 09

If you do not see that control listed, click the (down) arrow on the Show box (where it says Add-Ons currently loaded in Internet Explorer) at the top of the Manage Add-ons dialog box, and then select Add-ons that have been used by Internet Explorer. Then select Microsoft Office Template and Media Control in the list of controls.

blazingbadger 13:24 23 Dec 09

The Microsoft Office Template and Media Control is enabled

Sea Urchin 14:41 23 Dec 09

So what problem are you having downloading Templates? When you try to download you should get a message asking if you want run the Active X Control - click Yes/OK and install it.

blazingbadger 14:55 23 Dec 09

As I said in the first post Active X is not on my computer

blazingbadger 15:04 23 Dec 09

click here

Above the games should be Active X it is as you can see not there

Sea Urchin 15:11 23 Dec 09

But it is - you've just told me that Microsoft Office Template and Media Control is enabled. There are many Active X Controls in Windows - and this is just one of them.

I'll ask again - exactly what happens when you try to download a Template - explain the detail of what happens. What message do you get?

Sea Urchin 15:17 23 Dec 09

OK now I understand - it's the Active X Installer Service that is missing - install it as shown

click here

blazingbadger 15:36 23 Dec 09

there is nothing to tell me no down loader or anything

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…