active x

thesut 10:41 30 Oct 08

i have tried to download a small program from my bank which needs active x installing as well . after installation, when i restart my pc it will not boot up unless i do a system restore too before i installed the program. Any ideas on what the problem could be?

Rahere 12:34 30 Oct 08

Have you got security software installed - antivirus, anti spyware/malware etc?

Active X shouldn't affect your system in this way as it is a Microsoft IE browser technology only. But IE is deep rooted in the Windows OS. I would boot into safe mode remove the active X item if you can.

Then contact the bank for instructions as to sort out the problem. I'm not aware of any bank requiring this approach but every one is different - out of interest which bank is it?

thesut 12:53 30 Oct 08

i have avg and its the egg bank

Rahere 12:58 30 Oct 08

Good that you have some security.

have you tried to boot into safe mode to remove yet?

I just visited the egg website and found no help section - have you phoned them?

thesut 12:47 31 Oct 08

got it sorted i think. Got program downloaded pc did not load prperly upon restart it gave option to start up normally or in safe mode yet again but this time allowed normal start up so i have created restore point.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…