Active X

OPEN18 13:23 06 May 04

I tried loading something yesterday and that said that I did not have Active X installed (it required version 7.0). Does anyone know where I can download this and if I should get a newer version (if available)

thanks

gudgulf 13:29 06 May 04

What version of windows/system spec have you got?

What were you trying to intall---most games for example will have the correct version of directx on the cd so that your system can be updated as necessary.You can also update directx by visiting the windows update site.

OPEN18 13:48 06 May 04

windows 98 at moment. P3, 512mb RAM

gudgulf 14:18 06 May 04

Go to start,run and type dxdiag ------that should check your system and tell you what version os directx is installed.It will also indicate if there are any problems with it.

frankie 17:43 06 May 04

i believe active x and direct x are two different things

Wes Tam ;-) 18:10 06 May 04

It's wise to be wary of what Active X's you download.

frankie is right; OPEN18 which do you mean?

OPEN18 19:27 06 May 04

Active X - what is this?

Gaz 25 19:30 06 May 04

I think you mean Flash Version 7.0

mackaycc 19:55 06 May 04

Active X is a control mechanism for GUI's brought out by Microsoft. The reason you're getting an error message could be that you have your security settings set too high to allow Active X controls to run. Try resetting your Security level to the default and see if this gives you any joy. In IE go to tools> Internet Options> Security and clisk on Default level.

Wes Tam ;-) 20:59 06 May 04

OPEN18 a definition click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…