Active sync

taffy101 08:23 12 Jun 09

My father in law cannot connect his windows mobile phone to his computer using active sync. Until recently the sync was working fine. He has tried reinstalling active sync and resetting the phone, but the problem stil exists. Any ideas/

birdface 08:36 12 Jun 09

Maybe a system restore to a time when it did work.

Woolwell 09:44 12 Jun 09

Which make of phone? Assume because you mention active sync that it is XP.

taffy101 13:08 12 Jun 09

I forget the make of the phone but it is a smartphone running windows mobile. I will see him tonight to find out the make. Yes the PC runs XP.
Buteman, I believe he has tried system restore but it wouldn't go back far enough to before the problem.

Woolwell 13:36 12 Jun 09

It may be worthwhile checking under the phone settings and USB to PC that the box "Enable advanced network functionality" is not checked.

taffy101 11:46 13 Jun 09

An update to the problem - we have tried syncing a Pocket PC with the computer and this will sync no problem, so begining to think it may be the phone at fault. The phone is a HTC P3600.
Woolwell - we have looked at the settings on the phone and computer but cannot find the 'Enable advanced network functionality' setting you mention. Where would we find this?

Woolwell 12:13 13 Jun 09

On the phone - open settings and then on the connections tab look mfor USB to PC.

taffy101 13:03 13 Jun 09

If I remember rightly I did look in connections but didn't see a USB to PC option. I'll have to check with my father-in-law.

Woolwell 15:41 13 Jun 09
  taffy101 14:17 14 Jun 09

├četa, I can't delete the partnership as this is greyed out. The computer won't see the phone to connect to it. I believe the windows mobile version is lower than 6.1 so won't have the USB to PC option. Would upgrading to version 6.1 solve the connection problem? Although I've realised the upgrade needs active sync to be working, am I right?

Woolwell. I've looked at the links you gave but didn't find anything to solve the problem. Thanks anyway.

taffy101 09:16 15 Jun 09

├četa, my father-in-law has told me that he has been able to delete the partnership in Active sync as described in your link, but the phone will still not connect to the PC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5