active speed

greyballs 09:55 01 Jul 08

i downloaded the free software in a bid to optimise my internet speed ,vodafone dial up speed is 53.6 kbps the prog told me the connection is not configured properly and can speed up my connection all i need is to register and pay £30 is there any freeware that can do this ,can i do anything myself ?.any ideas cheers.

birdface 14:20 01 Jul 08

You could download and try this.You want the free or trial version.click here Now this will only repair 10 items at a time but you can run it as often as you like.

greyballs 14:35 01 Jul 08

cheers but have that and have ran the optimiser result says now optimised ,but again a conflict between winaso and active speed which says it can speed up my connection by loadssssssss (for £30)
is there anything i can do or am i stuck with 53.6kbps

birdface 15:00 01 Jul 08

Well first of all you don't part with £30.53 kbps is very slow.Try right clicking your local area connection and press repair see if it comes up with any problems.

brundle 15:13 01 Jul 08

Your money would be better spent on broadband if you want a noticeable speed increase. There's another product of that type called OnSpeed. Review; click here

greyballs 15:18 01 Jul 08

soz no repair facility on local area connection
did you mean wireless network conection

brundle 15:19 01 Jul 08

Buteman is referring to broadband, it won't make any difference to your machine.

greyballs 17:23 01 Jul 08

thanks brundle,its when we lived in scotland we had no land line so for £25 mth we got vodafone huawei e220 now moved to new post code/better signal had hoped for a faster connection than 53.6 and wondered if i can adjust/reconfigure any settings on lap top to achieve this.
if not will just have to sit out the rest of the
contract (5mth left)cheers any way.

birdface 21:08 01 Jul 08

If in the Uk can you get Virgin Media in your area.They have cut all there prices in half at the moment so it's the best time to join.You have to take the phone package with it.But you will get up to 10Mb and free weekend calls for about £20 at the moment.Worth going into their site and checking the prices.Oops just noticed that you have 5 months left of your contract.Still worth a look.

birdface 23:38 01 Jul 08

Someone else asking the question about Active Speed.click here

ronalddonald 08:42 02 Jul 08

When your contract finishes give 3 mobile a go. We got it at £15 a month and have had no problems, its fast and very conventient. This was after we were using aol that had countless problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5