Active partitions

k_g2000 23:12 19 Mar 03

Hi, I have a 2 partition 40gig HD.
10gig ME and 30gig XP, using PM I can chose which partition to make active or PQboot to chose which to boot from. I want to create a dual boot using the XP utility, I can re-install XP but not ME(allready on the system) any ideas on how to approach this?

woodchip 23:39 19 Mar 03

as you have partition magic just delete the partition with XP on it then recreate it and reload XP

k_g2000 23:54 19 Mar 03

Thanks woodchip, allready started a fresh installation of XP over the old. ME is showing as inactive OS/2 boot man is this a problem?
IS there a dual boot option or will I get it when I restart after the installation is complete? Thanks k_g

woodchip 00:03 20 Mar 03

You should not have any dual boot before loading XP, As Xp will set it up for you

k_g2000 00:13 20 Mar 03

Thanks again woodchip, I'll let you know what happens, the first time I tried a dual boot I had a 2gig partition before ME and XP didn't set up a boot option, I've deleted that partition and re-distrubuted the free space and ME is now my first partition so hopefully it will work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…