Active Directory Group Policy Problem

sobeitjedi 10:31 18 Oct 07

Hi.

When our users login to our domain, via settings in Group Policy, internet explorer opens with the default intranet home page. The home page is set in User Configuration > Windows Settings > Internet Explorer Maintenance > URLs > Home Page URL.

I have moved our intranet web pages from one server (webserver) to another server (liveserver). Therefore I have gone into Group Policy and updated the URL link for the home page from "file://webserver/intranet/index.htm" to "file://liveserver/intranet/index.htm".

I have rebooted the server after making the change, but users are still being directed to the old server location.

I have noticed that within the Group Policy on the settings tab which brings up the report of all the settings, at the bottom of the report it has a section called Extra Registry Settings ...

"Display names for some settings cannot be found. You might be able to resolve this issue by updating the .ADM files used by Group Policy Management."

Under this section it has ....

State
Software\Policies\Microsoft Internet Explorer\Main\Start Page

Setting
file://pierheadql/intranet/index.htm

... which is the old url location.

Can anyone help me?

silverous 15:15 18 Oct 07

It sounds as if the machine you are updating the group policy on doesn't have the latest ADM templates, I believe you can download them. I'm by no means an expert on this..... are you doing it on the machine the policy was originally set on?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac