activation problem

conrail 12:13 21 Dec 07

reformatted wifes laptop and reinstalling using key from ms label under laptop but the key is not accepted, tried ringing ms on but on the freefone activation number I am asked to imput sets of 6 numbers but the activation option only allows me to imput 5 so tried another number, 0870 but have been on hold for over 30 mins so will try later unless you guys know how to get the reg number accepted, it is xp pro I am trying to install and have xp pro cd, all help gratfully accepted

Crash 13:00 21 Dec 07

Can only direct you to this click here the product key should be 5 sets of 5 characters

conrail 13:46 21 Dec 07

thanks Crash but that asumes I have got as far as the desktop, the problem I am having is after formatting I get as far as entering the 5 sets of 5 letters/digits code as printed on the ms label only for it not to be accepted

birdface 13:55 21 Dec 07

Don't go down the phone line unless you have the proper number.Someone on here last week or the week before and he was on the phone for about 8-10 hours.

birdface 13:58 21 Dec 07

This was the other thread.best of luck.click here

brundle 14:01 21 Dec 07

You should be inputting your Product ID not the XP Key. Use this click here

brundle 14:03 21 Dec 07

0800 015 1135 for MS activation (UK)

conrail 14:23 21 Dec 07

thanks all for your help, phoned that number brundle but call centre must be in India or somewhere, girl kept saying go to start then activate, when I said I hadn't got that far she hung up. aparently I need an Acer recovery disc that ms don't supply so been on the phone to Acer who charge £50, must be someway round this?

Crash 15:09 21 Dec 07

Did you format the recovery partition? If you didn't hit alt + F10 during startup

conrail 15:18 21 Dec 07

thanks Crash I will try that

conrail 15:35 21 Dec 07

I am suddenly up and running so thanks all for your advice, can you help a little bit more please,I cannot alter the display, it is set at Medium (16 bit), I have looked at display properties and device manager, I cannot see any option to alter it, there is no mention of display adaptors in the display so I cannot update the driver

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017