Activation after PC upgrade

Glyn-252301 16:30 12 Feb 10

I bought Win7 last November and then my mobo packed up after just a couple of months taking the graphics card with it. Will Microsoft let me reactivate or do I have to get a mortgage for a new copy. I have not tried to activate for fear that there may be a proper way to approach the problem.
I would really appreciate some help with this.
Thank you in anticipation

Clapton is God 16:33 12 Feb 10

Reactivate over the phone with MS and tell them why you need to reactivate

Glyn-252301 16:44 12 Feb 10

Clapton is God. Thanks for the quick response I did wonder about doing that but was worried about the different outcomes one gets from those at MS.
Guess I will have to do it, Thanks and regards G.

GaT7 17:33 12 Feb 10

I've had to call MS a number of times (for XP only so far). At first a human being used to respond, but more recently it's been an automated reactivation service. No problem with either method, & the number has always been a free 0800 one.

Hope you have the same experience. Please let us know how you get on. G

Glyn-252301 18:09 13 Feb 10

Clapton is God & Crossbow7. Thank you all for your support. I rang an 0800 number and got an Indian Lady Who Put me through to another number and it all went very well. It seems that if the copy of windows is purchased via a retailer as opposed to buying a Puter with windows pre installed it is OK.
I was informed that it depended upon who answers the call from MS but that is probely untrue.

Regards to all G.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…