Activating Office 2007

Genius1 20:33 24 May 06

Have just downloaded and installed Office 2007 Professional Plus Beta 2 and am having trouble activating via the Internet. Sometimes it says I'm not connected to the Internet, other times it says there's a communication error and at other times it says that the server is down for maintenance. I understand that there is a great demand at the moment for activation with many people having just installed the Beta.

Should I just keep trying?!!

VoG II 21:14 24 May 06

I couldn't activate it either so I uninstalled it. I've subsequently installed and tried to activate my Publisher 2003 and that won't activate either. I've tried everything I know like disabling firewall, disabling authentication on my broadband connection but nothing works.

I will be following this with interest.

See click here

Genius1 21:30 24 May 06

Thanks for the reply. How do I disable authentification on my broadband connection? What effect does this have?

I too have tried disabling the firewall and changing the firewall settings to no avail. Have also tried Windows Firewall with ZoneAlarm off. Microsoft don't seem very helpful on the subject of Office 2007 at the moment. I know it's just a Beta and error are only to be expected but a bit of specific guidance wouldn't go amiss!

VoG II 21:40 24 May 06

Go into Control Panel, Network Connections, Local Area Connection, Properties button. Authentication tab.

Unticking the authentication had no effect for me. Even after restarting.

I activated Office 2003 with no problem when I got this PC at the end of January and I have not changed any security settings since. So I don't know if this is a problem at my end or Microsoft's.

At least knowing that somebody else has the same problem is reassuring to me though it doesn't help you ;o)

Genius1 21:43 24 May 06

Thanks VoG™, I'll keep you posted!

Genius1 10:27 25 May 06

Have successfully activated this morning at about 7:30 when most Americans are asleep! It literally took about 3 seconds. I'm surprised that Microsoft weren't ready to cope with the high demand that they must have been expecting.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy Book review: Hands-on with Samsung’s high-end hybrid

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is probably one of the best bank ads we’ve seen

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple