activating the nudge tool in Windows Word /Draw t

crate-a-day 07:51 07 Mar 03

please can someone help?.I remember seeing a helpful hint in one of your issues some while back about how to get the 'nudge' and 'rotate ' buttons to work in Windows Word,please can some kind soul refresh my very confused memory as to how it goes.,by the way why doesn't it work without having to do "this"(whatever it is I have to do),why put it there in the first place if it don't work? thanking you .C.A.D.C

recap 12:20 07 Mar 03

Once you have a shape created on your document, hold the Ctrl key down and use the arrow keys to move the shape around the doc.

Hopefully somebody can tell you how to do the same with the nudge facility.

leo49 12:30 07 Mar 03

Once you've inserted the picture into the doc, click on it to get the focus, then clicking 'Draw'/Text wrapping/In front of text activates the nudge facility.

Regards

crate-a-day 13:28 07 Mar 03

sorry leo49 and recap,thanks for your time,but I fear I didn't explain myself properly.What has happened is that i scanned a graphic then inserted it into word,however it's "a bit skew wiff"!.the tool that i'm trying to use is the Draw/rotate or flip/free rotate.so that I can get it 'square' as it were.I insert it and can use the nudge tool but that moves it all at the same time down or up etc,I just want to make it look right,(like I cannot stand a picture hanging cock-eyed on the wall!)thanks for your patience C.A.D.C

leo49 14:16 07 Mar 03

I've just tried everything I can think of to get the free rotate to work with pics in Word and I can't see how it can be done.

Obviously, the easiest thing is to scan it straight at the outset! Failing that,use a graphics editor to make the small adjustment.Unfortunately the free ones I've got will only rotate in fixed 45 degree increments. But free rotate/degree by degree rotation is a facility in Photoshop, PaintshopPro and Photo Impact - just to name the ones I've got.

Regards

crate-a-day 14:17 07 Mar 03

sorry not resolved,please read last entry c.ad.c.

recap 16:10 08 Mar 03

Sorry crate-a-day, I have to agree with leo49 you will have to use another program as suggested to do what you require.

The rotate facility in Word only works with the Auto shapes feature.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced