Activate Windows! Help

Adz1310 17:05 26 Sep 05

Anyone know what I can do.
I have booted my laptop uptoday and it says I need to activate windows. Though I thought I already had! Though when the activate screen comes up it doesnt load properly. It is just a box with two 'internet' pictures looking like they are loading. though it has been like that for the last 30 mins! anyone any suggestions.

reece1705 17:07 26 Sep 05

try to boot into safe mode. u can ccess windows from there. on't know if it will help you though.

Adz1310 17:12 26 Sep 05

how do i get into safe mode?

VoG II 17:13 26 Sep 05
  reece1705 17:13 26 Sep 05

when your computer first turns on press and hold (what is usually) F8. If that doesn't work try pressing it repeatedly.

oursoulsdad 21:30 26 Sep 05

Adz - it won't help, but I had the same problem. When the damn thing finally loaded, it said that it wanted to reactivate because I had made so many hardware changes - which I had not. Anyway, it requried me to telephone a free number, type my present activations as shown on the screen, then gave me a new activation to type in. Annoying but simple.

The advantage of booting in safe mode is that it stoppped a lot of the other programs starting, and I think it is these that the activation program is interfering with - hence 30 minutes etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…