activate win xp

In the past week I have twice switched on the computer and been told I must activate win. I have not made any changes to the computer, either hardware or software. I have had the computer for over a year and have a legit copy of win xp. Any ideas?.

Strawballs 12:12 12 Nov 06

Phone Microsoft and explain

birdface 13:20 12 Nov 06

You might find a different way here, click here But far quicker phoning Like strawballs said,

keithlik 14:09 12 Nov 06

Just follow the activation instructions as originally. The Microsoft magicians will have your original details so re activation should be a breeze. I did this when reinstalling XP after a wobbly.

The reactivation has not been a problem either time, I am just puzzled as to why it should happen when I have not made any changes.Will phone microsoft tomorrow.

daxian 16:39 12 Nov 06

hi newuser1418....
if you have auto updates switched on or if you have downloaded manually any updates then you will have the windows genuine advantage softwareon your pc its M\Softs way of checking if you have a genuine copy of windows .
just reactivate ....i had it not long back and had to do the reactivation over the phone...Dave.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017