activate firewall

How to stop XP programs running in the background. I am trying to activate firewall
(Ontrack SystemSuite version 4.0) but win XP wouldn’t let me. I know it works with win XP because I used it before but I don’t know why it would not let me this time.
I need some help.
I keep getting message saying the background task server has encountered a problem.

Thank you to all

AndySD 23:52 05 Apr 03

Have you disabled the XP firewall?

Click Start, right click on My Computer, and choose Explore. In the left windowpane, look for My Network Places. Right click on it and choose Properties. A new window should appear with your network connection (or connections) showing. Right click on your connection and choose Properties. You should see another new window appear with tabs at the top. Click once on the Advanced tab. Make sure there is not a check in the box marked Protect my computer and network by limiting or preventing access to this computer from the Internet. Click OK to lock in your change and close that window. Close all the other windows you opened to get to this area.

thank u AndySD

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…