Activate Adobe Acrobat Word add-in

Ptolemy 14:19 19 Sep 06

I have Acrobat Professional which had a Word add-in allowing the user to create PDFs of word documents by simply clicking an icon.

This morning I opened Word to be told that an error had occurred the last time I used the Adobe add-in (about an hour earlier without apparent any problem) and it was now disabled.

I now can't reactivate the add-in.

I have run an Acrobat repair with effect and tried to remove the specific Word add-in (with the intention of reinstalling it immediately) only to find the Word option no longer exists in the modification menu.

Can anyone suggest a method to restore the add-in short of removing and reinstalling Acrobat in its entirety?

howard64 20:32 19 Sep 06

try locating normal.dot for word and renaming it to normal.old. Switch off word and open it again - a new normal.dot will be installed automatically. See if the adobe plug in now works. Note any special settings which were in the old normal.dot will need setting up again in the new normal.dot. If this does not do the trick you can delete the new one and rename the old one back to normal.dot.

Ptolemy 20:50 19 Sep 06

Thanks for the response Howard, unfortunately my impatience got the better of me and I've uninstalled/reinstalled Acrobat already - which solved the problem and was much quicker than i anticipated (although re-getting the updates isn't).

terryf 21:44 19 Sep 06

I have downloaded the updates and keep them in a folder for just such an occasion but I have discovered that you must instal them in order, it seems as though each update depends on the previous one and not like some progs where the last update is a catch-all of previous

Ptolemy 10:54 21 Sep 06

terryf - thanks for the tip.

Can you tell me how you downloaded the updates in a way that allows them to be kept?

Ptolemy 11:08 21 Sep 06

OK, found it.

click here for anyone else that's interested.

As for the sequential nature of the updates, I'm guessing (hoping) that if 7.1 ever appears it will replace the multitude of existing updates.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…