Action Cancelled Help?

wicked willy 18:08 10 Nov 03

Hi Everybody, When I go up onto the Net and a page is opened I keep on getting this Action Cancelled and the Icon is like a Page with the Letter i on it m I am running win.XP Home Edition Please could someone help explain and cure Thanks in Advance Bill

hugh-265156 18:27 10 Nov 03

are you using a pop up stopper of any kind or firewall with pop up stopper plug in?

wicked willy 18:37 10 Nov 03

Hi Huggy G71. yes I am using Mcafey firewall but no popup stopper

hugh-265156 21:05 10 Nov 03

is this just happening on one particular website or any website?if its just one or two it may be their fault.

can you see any ads on this site or are there any action canceled boxes anywhere?

have you checked the security,privicy and content tabs in IE and set all to default medium and try it.

hugh-265156 21:07 10 Nov 03

privicy = privacy even

A_World_Maker 21:09 10 Nov 03

Have you using Tweak XP or a variation? this can install an 'adwatcher' which cancels advertising on a webpage.

wicked willy 22:07 10 Nov 03

Thank You Gentlemen HuggyG71 and World Maker The file which read action cancelled are on all pages where there are advertising and whatso ever,But this has been happeningfor a few Days now , and all sdites , Sorry I did not catch you before but Hospital calls are more important than what I am on to you now bill

A_World_Maker 22:30 10 Nov 03

Another potential, is that you have the option to allow information from alternative or 'outside' websites to appear. This can be a file called into a 'frame' on the page.

You can find this option in 'Tools'... Internet Options... advanced... also check in the security settings...

Who is Bill?

wicked willy 00:27 11 Nov 03

who is Bill asks the world maker, itis I or my first name. in regards to the question I have checked in tools and still come up it looks as if I have lost a file and I think I will have to repair XP Home later , And thanks for the time and effort I really appreciate it Bill

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…