Action canceled

the fool on the hill 12:03 06 Jul 03

My PC has a problem displaying adverts, when I log on to the PCA site for instance insted of an advert on the right hand side of the screen I get this:
"Action canceled
Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested. The page might be temporarily unavailable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you have visited this page previously and you want to view what has been stored on your computer, click File, and then click Work Offline.

For information about offline browsing with Internet Explorer, click the Help menu, and then click Contents and Index."

I have checked this out on Google and there seem to be 2 schools of thought:it's either something to do with Lavasoft's Adaware which I use and is excellent, or something to do with Kazaa which I have to admit a brief unwise flirtation with! Anyone got any ideas on this one please?

the fool on the hill 13:37 06 Jul 03

refresh

Peverelli 15:04 06 Jul 03

Is this thread any help to you? click here

-pops- 15:28 06 Jul 03

You mention Ad-aware. I would think the majority of regulars here use this program so if you problem were due to it, you would have much more comment.

As for KaZaa, as you say unwise flirtation. It can leave all sorts of undesirables and nasties and computer diseases behind it even though you think you are rid of everything.

It may be advisable to download Spybot S&D to seek out things that Ad-aware can't see click here

Brian

the fool on the hill 16:43 06 Jul 03

Thanks for your suggestions, I thought that the previous PCA thread might be what what I was looking for but although I downloaded a javascript file it didn't help. By coincidence I downloaded Spybot and ran it earlier today, it has eliminated various files but hasn't solved my problem.

-pops- 16:52 06 Jul 03

How about using a different browser?

It is rare for me to use IE now. I much prefer Opera and/or Netscape. click here click here

Brian

the fool on the hill 06:13 07 Jul 03

refresh

wawadave 06:28 07 Jul 03

mozzilla works good

-pops- 06:32 07 Jul 03

Did you try an alternative browser?

the fool on the hill 07:44 07 Jul 03

-pops- and wawadave thanks for your further suggestions. I was hoping that there might be an easier solution than changing browser and getting myself involved in further layers of complexity!!

-pops- 07:59 07 Jul 03

Not really a case of changing browser, just adding another one. They all work in perfect harmony with each other and what doesn't appear on one may well be perfectly OK on another. I have found this many times in using IE where it would time out before loading a page but the same site on an alternative browser loaded almost immediately.

Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…