Acronyms!!

TonyV 15:28 16 Mar 05

I was looking in this forum to see if there were any entries for the definition of Acronyms that are used on a regular basis. I put Acronyms in the search window and came up with just one response from back in 2002. When I clicked on the Title the only page that came up was a general page that gave me access to other areas of the PCAdvisor site. Does this mean that after a few years, whilst the Topic appears to be available, is not readily accessible? Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:06 16 Mar 05

database is not accessable prior to jan 2003

TonyV 16:23 16 Mar 05

Fruit Bat /\0/
Thanks for that. I assumed it must be date related, so I will ask the question again, is there a list of definitions for the commonly used Acronyms?

Stuartli 16:24 16 Mar 05

See:

click here

and the rather less obvious ones:

click here

pj123 16:48 16 Mar 05

Also click here

Generally the first definition is the common usage one.

TonyV 18:59 16 Mar 05

Stuartli & pj123

Many thanks to you both. Some of them are quite interesting!

TonyV

ade.h 21:21 16 Mar 05

pj123's suggested site is good for a chuckle. Apparently, HTH may stand for Harry The Horse and LOL could mean Ladies Of Lallybroch. Surreal.

Stuartli 09:41 17 Mar 05

>>..good for a chuckle...>>

That was the whole point of my second link...:-)

ade.h 19:23 17 Mar 05

Stuart, I hadn't clicked your second link when I commented on pj123's link. I have now, though! That's going into my Bookmarks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…