Acronis Version 11 on W7 64 Bit

David4637 16:34 06 Jan 11

I have created an OS Image back up and it validates OK.
However when I want Restore this back up image ( BIOS set to CD/DVD) using the actual Acronis Disc or the created Rescue Disc it displays Acronis Loader and then stops with this error message-
Acronis Loader Fatal Error : Boot Drive Partition Not Found.
Any ideas about resolving this problem?
Thanks David

rawprawn 16:40 06 Jan 11

Someone else with this problem found that if he hit "Enter" it continued.
Worth a try

David4637 10:18 07 Jan 11

Thanks for your reply. Pressing the Enter key boots the computer into windows as normal, which is what I don't - I want to install the saved image (*.tib).
QUESION TO BE SOLVED -
I want to Restore a back up image ( BIOS set to CD/DVD) using the actual Acronis Disc or the created Rescue Disc. When I use either the Acronis disc or the created rescue disc, it displays Acronis Loader and then stops with this error message-
Acronis Loader Fatal Error : Boot Drive Partition Not Found. Is this a Master Boot Record (MBR) problem?
Any ideas about resolving this problem?
Thanks David

rawprawn 10:30 07 Jan 11

If you can boot into windows why not go into Acronis Tools & Utilities, then Protection Tools and Activate "Start up Recvery Manager".
See if you can get where you want from there by hitting F11 on boot.,

David4637 10:38 07 Jan 11

Thanks for the reply, but I want to use the recovery disc to load the bear bones Acronis, to ensure if the OS DOES crash I can restore the backup image from an external drive?
Any other ideas please.
Thanks David

rawprawn 10:53 07 Jan 11

If your CD/DVD is set to boot first in BIOS and your Rescue Disc is valid,then I am sorry I don't know the answer.
However if you lose your OS in a crash, the recovery manager should still work. Do you only have a backup on CD? an external drive is more reliable.

David4637 14:04 08 Jan 11

Thanks for the suggestion about creating a secure zone, I am a bit short of storage at the minute, really want to boot up Acronis using a rescue disc - but need to find out why it won't find the OS boot area - see error message above. Thanks David

rawprawn 16:26 08 Jan 11

This is not Acronis Secure Zone, and takes no space. It simply allows you to choose your prefered backup source if Windows will not boot.

David4637 15:35 09 Jan 11

1. Can you please give me more details or a link on the Acronis Secure Zone, as thought it was a utility that was held on the HD?
2. Could someone suggest why I get an error message (see above for details)when I try to boot using the Rescue CD?
Thanks David

David4637 10:51 11 Jan 11

Refresh - any ideas on how to use the Acronis Secure Zone. Thanks David

rawprawn 11:35 11 Jan 11

Acronis Secure Zone is a partition created by Acronis on your hard drive which is impervious to any nasties that may attack your machine, and is simply a partition on your hard drive which holds Acronis backups.
The down side is that if your hard drive fails you lose everything.
As I pointed out in my previous post you can activate the Recovery Manager without activating Acronis Secure Zone.
Regarding your original problem I can't offer any help other than try it on another machine. That way at least you will narrow the problem down.(You don't have to let it run once you can see if it starts or not)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…