acronis validation

eedcam 21:02 16 Aug 07

Does acronis validate abackup by default or do you need to select it

SANTOS7 21:09 16 Aug 07

Both..

Manual= manual

or auto= Tools>options>default backup options>additional settings> tick box, validate backup

gudgulf 21:10 16 Aug 07

It's selectable.

You should see the tick box to validate after back-up as you work through the back-up wizard prior to making the image.

I think it is set to NOT validate by default (unticked).

eedcam 22:34 16 Aug 07

Well I just created a backup file and saw no request to validate,As its so important why is it not set by default even though is no guarantee the back up is good anyway beginning to think its more like a car warranty sounds good till you need it

Pine Man 08:51 17 Aug 07

On one of the older versions of True Image, I think, the validation process wasn't reliable if it was carried out automatically.

Ever since then I have always manually carried out the check.

eedcam 09:22 17 Aug 07

Looks as if you just choose default no need to tick anything validate is included. only when you select manual do you have to check it which I find strange would have thought the option would be to uncheck . Next query can I just delete the back file on the external or is there a procedure.
Pineman take your point but looked at both methods and validate shows at the bottom of the work list but still curious as to how you can tell if the backup will work is there anyway on a running system

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…