Acronis V Ghost

Enoch 17:42 26 May 06

I have on my PC "Acronis" which I use for back-up to an external hard drive weekly. I have just bought Norton Internet Security 2006 (replacing my Norton Internet Security 2003). It comes with Ghost. Does anybody see a problem with having the two on one PC, (running XP Home). I was thinking of backing up (complete hard drive to external hard drive) one week with Acronis and the next week with Ghost, adinfinitum, onto the same external hard drive, which has the room for 6 complete PC back-ups at least.

Any opinions or experience please

mgmcc 18:07 26 May 06

Take an Acronis backup, install Ghost and see if they co-exist without problems.

I have "Ghost 2003" and Acronis True Image 9.0 co-existing quite happily, but later versions of Ghost were, I believe, based on PowerQuest's Drive Image software after Symantec acquired them.

SANTOS7 19:08 26 May 06

They do i have both on a seperate HDD, i have ghost 9.0 and true image9 don't know much about TI9 yet but i have to say i favour it over ghost at the moment so i will be thinking about deleteing ghost for now..

Gordal 19:23 26 May 06

Have tried both for some time. Have to say I prefer Ghost.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…