Acronis TrueImage 6.0 question

TommyRed 16:32 20 Jul 03

I have now been able to image everything in my PC, took 9 CD-R's but worth it. What I want to check is that everything is alright on the CD-R's, Acronis support FAQ says you can't check individual CD-R's, you have to put them onto your HDD and check them there. Have I read this correctly, or is there another way to do it?

pj123 16:41 20 Jul 03

Yes, I think you have read it correctly. The only problem I found with CDRs is that it is only as good as the last backup. I tried to backup to CD/RWs but (although Acronis says it can be done) it didn't work on my PC. This means that say, in two or three months time you will need another 9 CDRs to update your backup. It would be nice to be able to backup to CD/RWs because you would probably only need two sets of discs. Using CDRs means that everytime you do a backup the old one's become "place mats".

anchor 11:01 21 Jul 03

Just remember, CD-R`s are more reliable than CD-RW`s.

Nine CD-R blanks should not cost you more than a fiver, possibly less. Well worth it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…