Acronis True Image - but which version best?

JYPX 12:52 01 Sep 04

christmascracker and others have mentioned that this was free on the cover disc earlier this year.
However it would seem I have 3 choices. Install version 6 from the cover disc. Pay $29 to upgrade to version 7. Or....purchase latest version - 8.
The official forum for this product appears to be full of people unable to make the product work - and that applies to all versions. Now, I do realise that such forums do tend to attract negative posts but I would like your opinions on which of these 3 versions is best (best being most stable). Cheers.

€dstowe 13:06 01 Sep 04

I tested the free version - OK.

I upgraded and bought version 7 - OK.

I then upgraded to version 8 at a special discount rate - OK again.

I have had no problems with any Acronis product which I have installed.

JYPX 13:39 01 Sep 04

Good. Thank you.

techpro 13:51 01 Sep 04

Image for Windows click here is also worth a look.

techpro 13:52 01 Sep 04

Image for Windows click here is also worth a look.

JYPX 14:34 01 Sep 04

techpro - Not heard of that one. Looks interesting. Have you used it yourself?

woodchip 14:44 01 Sep 04

Only thing that I could not get free version to do was in a DOS environment it would not work with My writer. but it was not a problem as I just saved the Image to different Partition then copied to DVD or CD
It will restore from the CD or DVD it just would not save the Image to it

rawprawn 15:39 01 Sep 04

Excuse me butting in JYPX, but do you think the upgrade from the latest version of True Image 7 to 8 is worth £20

rawprawn 15:43 01 Sep 04

Sorry, I should have added I am very happy with True Image 7. It has saved my skin a number of times. I will await an answer from €dstowe to see what he thinks.

€dstowe 16:44 01 Sep 04

As I said, I got a discount which included an additional program which I happened to have an interest in. The stand alone version of the program (Drivecleanser) cost more than the upgrade so, for that it was worth it but otherwise, don't rush.

rawprawn 16:48 01 Sep 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…