Acronis True Image questions

Rob6 08:58 04 Oct 07

I'm about to purchase Acronis True Image 11 and see that a download version is available on eBay – the seller is adamant that it is genuine product – they have done a lot of business with no negative feedback. Three questions: 1) with no CD how do I instigate the back up image if my original hard disk blows up? 2) I have a PC and laptop – will the software allow me to back up both or will I need two lots of software? 3) how likely is it to be a genuine product/ how can I tell it is a genuine product?

1.create boot cd within acronis to allow you to restore image from your back up location
2.yes possible but not legal.
3.It would have to be dirt cheap to risk it,its only £18-20 direct from acronis.

Rob6 09:36 04 Oct 07

It is c.£10 v £20. If it were legal I'd obviously prefer to save £10.

Hi Rob6,
I dont no how to validate if it is legal apart from emailing acronis,its a judgement call, will you save £10 or end up spending £30.
have you got a link?
ebuyer has got it for about £25,so it does sound too good to be true,but who knows?

ebay link
click here
this it?

Rob6 09:46 04 Oct 07

Link to auction:

click here

stylehurst 14:07 04 Oct 07

Rob6
Have a look at the Acronis TI forum regardin TI V11, ther are some adverse comments about bugs in this latest version. General opinion seems to be to stay with V10 until an update to V11 is released.

Rob6 14:35 04 Oct 07

Thanks stylehurst - based on that i will go for v10.

Link for others to the forum below:

click here

Hi Rob6,
just to satisfy my own curiosity i emailed acronis,this the response
Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image 11 Home click here

Please note that according to EULA it is not legal. Moreover, most probably these serials are not generated by Acronis and you will not be able to register the serial at our site and get support and updates.

We suggest you to purchase the product in our online store.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…