Acronis True Image Question about movable media

mattyc_92 09:18 29 Jun 05

Hi, I have been using this program for a while now (and have been recomending it to others on this forum and my friends from time to time)...

Well, I was wondering if any of you know if there is a way to write to "DVD-/+Rs" as I have tons of these, but not many re-writables... I know that I could get Acronis to create a backup image on my Backup partition and get it to span the image when it gets to 4.5gigs say and then burn these files onto dvd-/+rs, but is there a way to get acronis to do this itself?

I don't think there is a way, but it never hurts to ask...

Thanks in Advance.

siouxah1 10:39 29 Jun 05

>

woodchip 10:48 29 Jun 05

Yes you should be able tell it what drive to write to

mattyc_92 10:54 29 Jun 05

Sorry woodchip.... I guess I haven't made my post clear....

I CAN use acronis to backup onto "ReWrittable" media, but not "recordable". I haven't got that many DVD-RWs, but I have around 70 DVD-/+Rs (some are + and some are -)... I was just wondering if there is a way to backup onto these by using Acronis, and not having to burn the images onto disk afterwards? As I have said, I don't think you can, but you never know.... lol

freaky 10:56 29 Jun 05

I have used Acronis True Image 8 to create Back-Ups to DVD-/+ re-writables with no problem. The number of CD's you use will depend on whether you are on FAT 32 or Fat 64.

woodchip 10:58 29 Jun 05

It should work just the same with CDR or DVDR. So long as the drive supports the discs i.e -/+

ventanas 11:10 29 Jun 05

Looks like you can click here

mattyc_92 11:14 29 Jun 05

I still haven't made it clear enough... I can write to DVD-RW, but not DVD-R media.... I was wondering if anyone knows if you can do this (as to write to DVD-RW media, you need Nero's INCD istalled, but INCD doesn't support DVD-R, just DVD-RW/CD-RW)

mattyc_92 11:16 29 Jun 05

ventanas's link is what I am talking about. But I guess as I don't have Roxio anymore, I can't do this...

O well....

Thanks for everyone who has posted a message and sorry about the confusion.

siouxah1 13:44 29 Jun 05

matty-92.

Just a note in passing.

I too am unable to write directly to DVD-R or + media using TM8. OK onto DVD-RW. That is why I bumped your query. I am still unable to do this. Will continue to write to HDD and then to DVD-R.

It is an interestying question. Since it has been recommended by many people, it would be interesting to see how many write directly to DVD-R or +.

regards Brian.

ventanas 13:51 29 Jun 05

The formats mentioned on the Acronis site are DVD+RW; DVD-RW and DVD+R, so I suppose these are the only ones supported. Personally I wouldn't bother with any of them. All backups go to a slave drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…