Acronis True Image - PCW Cover Disc Version

david4637 16:16 23 Sep 03

I created an image backup to CDR (spanned discs), but when I wanted to load the image back on to the PC HD it would not recognise the CDR. I had to copy the files onto the HD and run the install from there, which was OK. Has anyone else noted this or any other shortcomings with this cover version? Thanks David

woodchip 16:28 23 Sep 03

It will load the Image from Dos as I have done it. It's also handy that you can load single files from the Image If you have it on the hard drive, open explorer and right click the image choose explor and it creates a Logical Drive so you can see all the files and just copy a file if you need more info shout

Patr100 20:47 23 Sep 03

I tried this version from a cover disk but it wouldn't write to my CD writer. I emailed Acronis and they replied that this version may not support more recent CD Writers (my Liteon is about a year old on Win 98se) .

A trial version of the latest Trueimage software did write OK.

woodchip 22:36 23 Sep 03

It's best to save Image to another partition then copy to CD. Individual files can only be restored in windows not in dos. I have a New CDRW drive only been fitted about two weeks. It?s an Opteron 52x24x52

david4637 21:23 24 Sep 03

Has anyone else found deficiencies? Thanks David

david4637 21:28 24 Sep 03

What is the procedure for loading the image back onto the HD with spanned CDRs using DOS? Thanks David

woodchip 21:29 24 Sep 03

Did you put the last disc in first as that is what you have to do

david4637 17:18 25 Sep 03

I thought from a logical point of view you had to put the first CDR in, then work towards the last one. Where do Acronis say this? Thanks David

david4637 17:21 25 Sep 03

I forget to ask you how you load an image back on to the HD from DOS with spanned CDRs. Thanks David

woodchip 17:51 25 Sep 03

There is a item in the Acronis setup program list for creating floppy rescue disc's. It take three floppy disc to create so you can restore from the floppy start of computer. The program usually ask?s for the last disc first for info of the disc then it will tell you to put the first disc in

Big Elf 18:10 25 Sep 03

I've had to use this for real after a hard drive failure recently and it successfully reinstalled an image from one of my other hard drives in less than 30 minutes. However it (and the paid for version 6.0) currently don't work with my Freecom USB 2.0 hard drive and/or a hard drive connected to a RAID channel and the system freezes when booting from the recovery CD. Removing the drives does get round the problem.

I'm currently liaising with Acronis to get a solution for this problem but their suggestions seem to have petered out recently. Despite this I still recommend it as it saved me 2 days work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…