Acronis True Image - how to incrementally save?

Dalglish2 15:59 17 Sep 05

Hi

Ive successfully created an image but now want to do an incremental image so avoiding having to image the whole drive again.
Have tried and failed- as the program goes ahead and starts a fresh 18Gb image again !
Where am I going wrong?
Thanks guys
Steve

Ancient Learner 16:10 17 Sep 05

After the 1st full image, return to the 'create image, choose your drive as before and then the same destination as before (ie file name etc) and you then get the choice of Incremental, chose that at least, on mine, that does it!

Dalglish2 20:29 17 Sep 05

Thanks AL

Followed your suggestion but whats confusing is that because I have 4 lots of 4Gb of data ie image files, the incremental (maximum compressed) image is still 20Gb suggesting the full image is being created.
Am i right in splitting the 16Gb original backup into smaller 4 Gb sizes to fit on a DVD?
If so, which of the 4 do I append the incremental image to?

Cheers

Wuggy 08:54 18 Sep 05

Personally I don't use incremental back up but make a fresh back up each time. It's just as fast and you can retain any number of complete backups on your drive, deleting older ones as new ones are created. When you split the images in sections each section has a suffix starting 01 ie if it has split into 4 sections they will be be called, for example, Backup01, Backup02 etc. If you retain a number of images on your deive they will each need a different name (like Aug05, Sept05 etc.) to avoid overwriting.

Ancient Learner 17:01 18 Sep 05

Just pick latest of the full images, and ignore the sizes. When it has finished, in a v. v. short time, you will find the extra file on the drive you are using for your images, and it will, should, be small.

Dalglish2 12:28 20 Sep 05

thanks guys for this
steve

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…