Acronis True Image Home 2009

Drusen 21:37 10 Jan 10

I regularly back up the entire contents (hopefully)of my(HDD (using ATIH2009' One Click Protection) to an external HDD.

If the C:drive breaks, I assume that I will somehow be able to transfer the data on the external HDD to a new C:drive, but I don't know how.

I have read through the Acronis manual and nowhere can I find instructions on how to transfer data in this way. Does anyone know how it's done?

I assume that the recovery disk has something to do with it.

Technotiger 21:40 10 Jan 10

I too use ATI but have not yet had to do a Restore of my Full Backup - However, I believe it is a simple matter of booting with the recovery CD and choosing Restore.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:14 10 Jan 10
  Drusen 17:10 12 Jan 10

Thanks for your help.

David4637 10:53 13 Jan 10

You have to take a risk and try restoring an image back up, it gives you confidence if the OS does crash sometime in the future. David

Batch 12:54 13 Jan 10

Further to David 4637's comment:

Consider how valuable your data and your time is (to you). On such a basis you might well consider it worthwhile spending a small amount on another internal HDD to plug in in place of your existing one (i.e. so that your existing internal HDD is disconnected) so that you can try a restore without any risk.

Not only can you prove to yourself that it works (at least I hope it does), but you will have familiarised yourself with the restore procedure so that if it ever comes to it you can restore very quickly and somoothly.

Basically this is putting in place a Disaster Recovery plan AND testing it.

woodchip 13:14 13 Jan 10

Before Trying a Restore its best to Create a Single Image of the Drive you want to try the restore of backups. This should be on another drive

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac