Acronis True Image HELP..

hotwired 21:04 14 Jul 03

Hi,
I have this strange issue with Acronis true image and I have my image disappeared with out a trace??

Well the config of my system is windows xp pro running on C: I have created a image via Acronis on I: second hard drive if u double click the I: drive you can see the image file has been completed . I right clicked my I: drive to find it heavily defragged I ran the disk defragmenter to find all the data GONE?
This has happened twice now... I have tried on another partition of the second hard drive but same issue...

Can anyone help?

Gaz 25 21:13 14 Jul 03

Can you defrag images?

The Spires 21:13 14 Jul 03

Most strange indeed, have you installed the lastest build of true image as they have been fiddling around with it recently. click here

hotwired 21:23 14 Jul 03

Spires
I have the most recent update installed , getting support out of Acronis, Inc. is like getting blood out of stone, I may have to try Norton Ghost or Powerquest Drive Image.

Any suggestions?

jazzypop 21:33 14 Jul 03

An image of a disc is just that - an exact copy.

Re-ordering the contents of an image (defragging) results in a file that is no longer an image - it is now a jumbled mess.

Defrag the source drive before imaging is the answer.

hotwired 21:48 14 Jul 03

Jazzypop well i have learnt this the hard way , but it just show why is this not in the Manual.(or is it ?-i havent read it)
well i did defrag the C: drive b4 the image was created..

so can i take it that i should not touch the Image partition

The Spires 21:53 14 Jul 03

I defrag my drive(s) with TrueImage 'images' on without problem.

hotwired 22:00 14 Jul 03

Spire
Can u tell me what version are u running so i can take it up with Acronis

Gaz 25 20:06 15 Jul 03

Right, I am considering buying this too.

So waht data do you lose the Image or the HDD>?

hotwired 20:10 15 Jul 03

well u loose the image completly and thier support service sucks went and bought power quest drive image 8 it work fine

Gaz 25 20:11 15 Jul 03

Ohhhh, Might get powerquest then.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…