Acronis True Image Boot disk

BRYNIT 12:35 11 Jan 07

Creating a boot disk for S-ATA drive.

I have a Medion 8818 computer which has a S-ATA hard drive partitioned C:\Window XP media centre (NTFS) D:\ (fat32)

I have created a backup of my C drive to an external usb HD.

Using the TI boot disk or allowing TI to boot into dos, TI is unable to find my internal S-ATA HD. After contacting Acronis I was directed to a web page to download an ISO boot file, after burning to CD and booting from this disk I still have the same problem.

Any suggestions on creating a boot disk for TI or even Norton Ghost would be appreciated.

mattyc_92 15:18 11 Jan 07

Try using 'BartPE'
You can then use your Windows drivers instead of the Linux ones....

You can get 'BartPE' from click here (DIRECT LINK..... 3.2MB file-size approx)

BRYNIT 20:02 11 Jan 07

mattyc_92

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried BartPE but could not quite understand how it worked even after three days of reading various web pages. The information could be there but I seem to be unable to understand it. It could also be I know very little about S-ATA drives and the drivers required.

Any further assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Input Overload 20:15 11 Jan 07

What version TI are you using, I had problems with version 9 (boot disc) finding my SATA drive, but I had no problems with version 8 which I went back to. Later I upgraded to version 10 which is fine.

BRYNIT 22:31 11 Jan 07

Input Overload

I have tried TI 9 and down also down loaded TI 10 trial. After creating a boot disk and booting into TI If I click on backup or recovery I get the message E000101F4: Acronis True Image has not found any hard drives.

woodchip 22:57 11 Jan 07

The problem is that Sata as to be seen by the BIOS. And I don't think it is. You could try finding drivers for the MOBO or PCI card if it's running from one, and load them so BIOS can seethe drive

woodchip 22:58 11 Jan 07

PS not knowing much on this score, but it may not have had the drivers loaded, and may just be using XP generic ones

mattyc_92 14:40 12 Jan 07

You should have a floppy disc with the SATA drivers on....
Copy these files to the 'Drivers' directory for BartPE. Also copy the 'BartPE' folder in the Acronis installation directory (default c:\program files\acronis\trueimage) to the 'Plugins' directory for BartPE.
Then simply supply your Windows Installation disc to BartPE and it will create a bootable CD for you!

BRYNIT 16:20 12 Jan 07

mattyc_92

Thank you for your suggestion.

Medion computers do not have a FDD so no driver on floppy. However I have found the drivers on the D: drive and have tried your suggestion but when BartPE is creating the boot disk I keep getting warnings messages re missing files this problem could be due to Windows being an OEM version. I've eventually got these down to three missing files 1 nvraid.sys 2 Si3112r.sys and 3 Viamraid.sys . I have been able to find all the file missing but BartPE for some reason can not.

Any suggestions on where I could place these files to help BartPE find these files and possibly create the boot disk.

woodchip 18:35 12 Jan 07

You can buy a USB floppy, as I did for my Medion Laptop. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…