Acronis True Image 9.0 (build 3854)

melsch 21:05 23 May 08

I am trying to backup my entire C drive.I follow all instructions for backing up to my D drive. When it says to insert first media disc, I put in a high quality DVD-R (which Aronis said I can use). Each time an error message comes up that the drive is not ready and that it is possibly due to an inferior quality disc. I've tried different discs and get the same message. Am I missing something? It will backup to a CD-R but I was told that DVD-R could be used. HELP...

woodchip 21:08 23 May 08

you are better create a image to another partition or external drive, you can still split it to fit on dvd. then copy onto dvd after

mgmcc 22:53 23 May 08

Silly question but you do have a "DVD RW" drive and not just a CD-RW one?

melsch 03:38 24 May 08

Not a silly question at all! My drive is a DVD+RW. ??

Pine Man 11:23 24 May 08

I have a feeling that there was a problem with DVDs on the older versions of Acronis.

Have you tried posting on the Acronis Forum? click here

johndrew 12:23 24 May 08

`My drive is a DVD+RW`

Do you mean a DVD/CD RW or a drive that is suitable only for +R/RW disks. Unless the drive is capable of both + and - standards you will only be able to use +R/RW disks.

Also if you are using +RW disks they will almost certainly need formatting prior to use as I don`t think ATI can format these.

In either case I would go with woodchip on this unless you have neither an external drive or a second internal drive. I`m also not certain that ATI will backup quickly to a partition on the same drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac