Acronis True Image 9 won't recognise Hard Drives

PAE 19:13 18 Jul 06

Due to some problem or other I have had to do an OS repair (XP). now Acronis tells me it cannot recognise my HDs. They are all there in My computer and I can access files on them. I have tried Uninstall and Registry Delete but makes no difference. I have checked BIOS and HD recognition is Auto. I have even mamanged to do a backup using Acronis but when I try to edit the schedule it says no HDs recognised. Help!

Pine Man 19:17 18 Jul 06

Just a guess but it maybe necessary to reinstall Acronis if you have repaired your o/s.

If that doesn't fix it try the Acronis Forum at the following link. click here

johndrew 19:18 18 Jul 06

Have you tried Uninstalling and reinstalling True Image?

It could be that your repair has damaged/removed some files or access to them.

PAE 21:34 18 Jul 06

Nothing on the Acronis Forum and I have tried uninstall and reinstall. No effect. I have contacted Acronis Support but I thought here might be a bit quicker.

terryf 00:29 19 Jul 06

When you uninstalled acronis, did you look in Program files and also application data to see if there were any traces left of acronis?

johndrew 10:21 19 Jul 06

I notice Acronis issued an update for True Image 9.0 on the 1 July. Have you tried updating with that?

There is a facility for deleting disks within the software (see `Help`) have tou used this at all?

PAE 13:26 21 Jul 06

Everyone

Problem Sorted. I deleted absoloutly everything. After uninstalling I did a search for Acronis, True Image and Disk Director and deleted all the files that were shown; I then went into the Registry and using Find deleted everything that was found (talk about roots everywhere). Having done all that I did a fresh install but still had the problem. I take back the comment I made about waiting for service from Acronis, they came back within 2 days with a programme called SnapAPI which seems to reset all the drivers. I ran that and all now works perfectly. Thanks for all your advice.

johndrew 14:11 21 Jul 06

I understand your feelings about Acronis, but, as I found when I became impatient, they do provide excellent service once they have thought the problem through.

Glad you are sorted.

Pine Man 15:51 21 Jul 06

PAE

Thanks for the update, I'm glad you were able to sort it out.

I certainly echo johndrews sentiments about Acronis, you always get a response, eventually. Far better service than I ever got from Symantec when I was struggling with various versions of Ghost!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…