Acronis True Image 7 Problem

rawprawn 10:33 10 Sep 04

When backing up to Acronis secure zone, all goes well until in the last 3 minutes I get an error "Failed to read data from disk. failed to read from sector 28 100 455" Question "Ignore, Ignore all, Cancel". If I press ignore, it continues about 30 seconds and then the same message appears this time sector 20 100 463. If I press ignore again it completes the backup and says backup succeeded. Has anyone any ideas, I have emailed Acronis, but as yet have no reply. I have run chkdsk and defragged, I have also deleted and reinstalled the secure zone.

stylehurst 11:14 10 Sep 04

When you ran chkdsk did you have "fix errors" checked?
The message you are getting makes me suspect you have bad sectors on your HDD.
Also when you completed the back up did you check the integrity of your image file?
You may find that the image is imperfect

rawprawn 11:48 10 Sep 04

When I ran chkdsk I just typed it into run as follows chkdsk /R D: and ok, it ran in dos but when it completed it closed very quickly so I couldn't read any result. I assumed it would have shown a problem had there been one. I am running acronis now to verify the image, I will get back.

rawprawn 11:59 10 Sep 04

Veryfied image with no problems shown, one problem is I won't be able to schedule a backup when I am not here, as you need to press the Ignore option

rawprawn 15:32 10 Sep 04

I scheduled chkdsk to operate on reboot, it found no bad sectors. Meanwhile I have had an email from Acronis support. They have asked for a log report, so I will see if that gives an answer.I will say that Acronis support are on the ball.

rawprawn 18:29 10 Sep 04

I ran chkdsk again as chkdsk /r c: it found and corrected two errors, I think this has solved the problem.

JayDay 18:47 10 Sep 04

In the unlikely event your query isn't answered here, you can always try this forum. I have found it useful in the past click here

rawprawn 08:08 11 Sep 04

Thanks for that, I seem to have solved this problem I have backed up again this morning with no further trouble

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…